If you are enrolled in either our Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care (ECEC) courses, you may wish to find your own host provider to complete your Work Placement hours. Finding a host provider to take you for your Work Placement can be challenging.
It is important to understand when you are looking for your host provider, what makes up a suitable childcare centre.
To help with this, we have put together the following list of important information that will help guide you towards a suitable childcare centre:
- Family Daycares are not accepted
- We prioritise an ACECQA rating of "Meeting" or "Exceeding" National Quality Standard (NQS)
- An ACECQA rating of "Working Towards" NQS may be accepted on an individual basis
- An ACECQA rating of "Provisional" is not accepted
- Certificate III ECEC/Diploma ECEC Block A students must complete their placements at a centre with a baby room (0-2 years of age)
- Childcare centres must be located in a metropolitan area (rural placements will not be accepted)
Still need clarification or help?
Simply reach out to our friendly Work Experience Team by submitting a Request or use the Help widget.