COVID-19 Support - Western Australia

We understand that studying during the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns that occur can be challenging on everyone. Please check out the below information for the different types of support available to you at this time.

Financial Support
The Federal and WA Government have released information on the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment for people who cannot earn income because they are self isolating, quarantining or caring for someone with COVID-19. You can use the online eligibility checker to see if you meet the criteria to receive this payment. 

If you are eligible, you can receive $1,500.00 for each 14 day period you self isolate, quarantine or care for a person who has COVID-19.

While the extended COVID-19 emergency period has ended, the Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme has expanded to offer future rent support for those struggling. Check out their website to check if you may be eligible for this support, as they offer support for both rent in arrears and future rent support.

Ask Izzy is also a great website to check out for support relating to housing, food, money help, support and counselling and much more. 

Household Utility Support 
The Hardship Utility Grant Scheme (HUGS) assists Western Australian's who are suffering from financial hardship and unable to pay their bills. All applications need to be made through your utility provider, so check out the HUGS website for more information. 

There are also a lot of other support, such as flexible payment arrangements and financial counselling available to you. Check out the Household energy pricing and payment support page for more information. 

Mental Health
Mental Health support is important for our students so that you are able to manage your studies during this lockdown. 

Lifeline – 13 11 14

National Coronavirus Helpline – 1800 020 080

Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636

Kids Helpline – 1800 15 1800 (For young people up to age 25)

Griefline - 1300 845 745

Mental Health Emergency Response Line - Metro 1300 555 788 & Peel 1800 676 822

Food Relief
If you are in urgent need of emergency food relief, reach out to The Emergency Relief and Food Access Service on 1800 979 777 between 9:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday.  

Still need clarification or help?
Simply reach out to our friendly Student Experience Team by submitting a Request or use the Help widget.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.